Core Dump - Work In Progress
September 1, 1997 : A slightly updated
version of the promo!!
After the feedback received from the first version, some improvements
were made. An incomplete list follows:
Anyway, the general layout and enemies have not changed at all. But especially
the "talk to people" bit has improved quite a lot, so get the new version quickly.
- When talking to people, a picture of that person face appears (if
it's an important character). This adds a lot of atmosphere.
- It is now easier to talk to people, using [graph] or [up]
- There is a difference between the "dummy" characters and the "real"
characters, which can be seen. Dummy characters are grey guys, mostly
guards and some droids.
- "real" characters always say something to you. That way you
can be sure about having spoken to them.
- Sound effect errors are now history.
- Vertical "ropes" are now included. They work the same as the horizontal
- Exploding barrels now cause damage to other enemies, and other barrels.
Chain reaction time, kids!
- Recoil! Every time Gen is hit, he staggers backwards (just like in
Akin, in fact). Don't get pushed into the spikes.
- There is a BASIC loader now, no more need for DOS. Thanks to Alex
Wulms for that. Cheers mate! (Though I wonder what kind of TAB-settings
you use in your TED....)
- ... erm and lots of stuff I forgot to mention.
I also changed a lot of internal things, but I will explain about that
some other time.